Traveling can be expensive and can cost you more than what you expected. So, how to travel on a budget and yet still enjoy your travels? here are my tips for travel on budget.
1. Sleep Cheap – It’s nice to sleep in a luxury hotel with the pool, but you can do that in your own city, if you want to travel far and you want to get to know other cities, countries, and cultures, you don’t need luxury hotels, you can go and stay and sleep in a lower star hotel, apartment, hostel, motel, what ever you decide, you can have a good night sleep.
2. Hit up Happy Hours- Even though you’re on vacation, you and your wallet still deserve happy hours.
3. Explore before you go shopping – Don’t buy the first thing that you see when you want to shop. Those sneakers or that souvenir that you like might be cheaper at another store. Tourist place are filled with many shops, and most of them have the same merchandise with different prices.
4. Travel during the low-peak season and avoid traveling during the summer and around.
5. Eat where the locals eat – In a tourist place, specially in the center the restaurants are really expensive, there are a lot of cheaper places that the locals know and where they eat. Is there a better way to try out the traditional local food than to eat where the locals do?
6. Walk as much as possible- There are a lot of main attractions, but if you walk around a bit, you can for sure find out more places that you can get something cheaper and save money.
7. Talk to the locals- Don’t be afraid to ask locals about the best and cheapest restaurants and shops and what are the cheapest forms of entertainment. They for sure know where are the cheapest places, and they can tell you how to enjoy them for the cheapest and best price.
8. Think of Churches as Free Museums.
9. Go to museums and tourist – attraction on free days. Most of the tourist places have a free- entrance days for museums and big tourist attractions. There is nothing better than a free visit to a tourist attraction
10. Pick your budget- friendly destination- if you’re on a tight budget, but want to travel, then you need to look i to budget- friendly destinations. Some places are cheaper then others, so do some exploring.